Sunday, February 1, 2009

Horrorfax Harbour

This is actually a little bit older, but I wanted to share it anyway.

"Horrorfax Harbour" is a little video project done by my dear friend Katie Hillman about life in the Halifax Harbour. Using Nick Park's "Creature Comforts" as inspiration, she asked friends and family to say something about the local landmark (watermark?) and then animated each interview as the sort of deformed sea life that might live there.

The creatures (that include a fanged seagull, three-eyed harbour seal, garbage fish and a seaserpent) are all animated in different styles, which lends the video the sort of creative twist that makes Ms. Hillman's work such a visual treat. I highly recommend you mosey over to her DeviantArt page and check out her other works. And if you like claymation, take a look at "Alles Gute Zum Gerburtstag- a german expressionist birthday."

Oh yeah, did I also mention that she asked me to voice the seal?

No comments: